Family Radio (a.k.a. Family Stations, Inc.) is a nonprofit, Christian ministry centered around our mission:
“Everything we do at Family Radio is to enable people to discover, read, trust, and profess the Word of God, the Bible.”
Seeking a qualified Broadcast Audio Editor, Audio Content Creator and Morning Show Producer for a nonprofit Christian Broadcasting Ministry.
- Dedication to audio quality, audio integrity and broadcast excellence
- Strong work ethic based on Biblical principles and scripture
- Knowledge of audio mastering processes, particularly broadcast and podcast audio. This includes compression, limiting, normalization, master EQ
- Knowledge of audio editing/production processes, particularly broadcast and podcast audio. This includes undetectable fade techniques, pacing, audio cleanup, breath shortening, soundtrack and sound effects skills, good understanding of the essentials of broadcast clip creation.
- Has a passion and skill for transforming raw audio into “audio movies” via sound effects, music and pacing. Knows how to tell a good story with the minimum of audio.
- Willing to work full time, onsite at our studios in Franklin, TN. No exceptions, however work-from-home will be granted during office illness or inclement weather
- Has a passion for the preservation and broadcast of scripture verse, hymns (both old and modern), and solid Bible teachings
- Willing to work under the restrictions of a non-profit organization. Works diligently as unto the Lord.
- Humility — willing to recognize that there is always more learn. Has a teachable spirit and is excited to learn new skills.
- Audio editing as needed. This includes anything from raw voice to full “radio theatre” style production. Knowledge and skill in these areas (including software) are required.
- Writing as needed. Write / Rewrite scripts for a variety of personalities, voices, occasions, and purposes — always with a view to Christianity. Good command of the English language and a deeper knowledge of scripture is required.
- Willing to learn new tasks as assigned: operating the live board during Support Drives, conducting phone and in-person interviews for our podcast series, DAW delivery and simple operations (we use Zetta and G-Selector).
This is a full time position located in Franklin, TN.
Family Stations, Inc. (“Family Radio”) is a non-profit religious corporation with its primary purpose as a ministry for the proclamation of the Bible, the Word of God. As such, we are exempt from the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), provisions of the Tennessee Human Rights Act, and provisions of Title VII of the United States Civil Rights Act, in addition to similar religious exemptions under other state and local laws to the extent those laws apply to an employee or prospective employee of Family Radio, and we are permitted by law to make certain employment decisions based on religious preferences. It is the intent of Family Radio to preserve, and not waive, Family Radio’s rights and protections as a religious entity and no actions of Family Radio should be deemed to be a waiver of those rights.