(One weekend overnight position available)
Family Radio (a.k.a. Family Stations, Inc.) is a nonprofit, Christian ministry centered around our mission:
“Everything we do at Family Radio is to enable people to discover,
read, trust, and profess the Word of God, the Bible.”
Are you a dependable individual with a talent for making sure operations run smoothly and technical equipment functions as it should? Do you thrive in situations involving problem-solving? Do you desire to work with a team that feels like a family?
The Network Control Operator is our last line of defense when it comes to ensuring the quality and reliability of our broadcasts. Our network stations have been broadcasting Family Radio content internationally for decades. Family Radio has the highest standards in completing our mission—sharing the Word of God. Our Network Control Operator makes that possible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the Network Operations Center at our radio headquarters. The work environment is a Network broadcast studio monitoring center.
- Oversee administration of operations in a nationwide coverage of radio stations sites and translators. Respond to alarms via computer and phone to maintain operation according to license and FCC regulations.
- Inform local station engineers of all conditions, situations or off-air events to restore coverage in the most efficient manner.
- Maintain a chronological record of stations via the Operations Log and email to assess, track and facilitate restoration to licensed operation.
- Monitor all audio paths to assure studio quality audio that is on time and correct per the Family Radio Programming schedule daily and maintain on-air continuity.
- Trouble-shoot audio loss/distortion, find equipment faults or failures and/or discern nature and cause of loss/distortion then report to proper engineer. Monitor RCS Zetta programming automation system. Assess and report all programming errors. Work within automation to assure proper operation with programming department protocols, tasks and instructions.
- See and report safety or security issues when discovered.
- Accomplish tasks as assigned by supervisor, engineer or managerial staff in-line with operations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School diploma and an excellent aptitude for broadcast operations.
- Excellent writing and reading skills for daily logging each station’s repair progress and/or status accurately. Operator must have the ability to follow instructions and complete regular tasks in a timely manner.
- Operator will comprehend the FCC Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) book 47 Parts 0 –19 and 70-79 using Information and Computer Technology.
- Ability to learn and adapt to sudden change, new procedures, computer and IT conditions and instructions.
- The skills to assess and convey quality of processing, audio anomalies, and technical failures accurately.
- Must have excellent phone etiquette and manner.
- An ability to work well under stress, multitasking while quickly prioritizing various competing alarms, situations, and calls.
Family Stations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a nondenominational corporation.