Family Radio (a.k.a. Family Stations, Inc.) is a nonprofit, Christian ministry centered around our mission:
“Everything we do at Family Radio is to enable people to discover, read, trust, and profess the Word of God, the Bible.”
Do you love working with people? Do you love solving problems? Can you do both while maintaining exceptional work team relationships? Family Radio is seeking multiple Net Operations Center Operators to be part of the Engineering Department.
The Net Operations Center Operators will be responsible for overseeing analog and digital sites, program distribution over various platforms, and network operations. NOC operators will be on duty during all hours of broadcasting operations at the fixed, designated remote-control point of all Family Stations, Inc. or FSI-licensed broadcast stations, as per the FCC requirements of a nonautomated, attended operation.
This includes ongoing supervision of all licensed transmission facilities at the remote-control point, including 1) the ability to positively control all relevant transmitters and 2) either monitor the stations’ operating parameters or be contacted by automated equipment within 3 hours (or 3 minutes) of an out-of-tolerance condition to avoid communications interference.
This position is located at our Franklin, TN office.
- Monitor operations at all broadcast station sites in accordance with FCC-licensed parameters
- Respond to out-of-tolerance conditions at all broadcast stations, to allow as many as possible to “Hear the Word”
- Inform local station engineers of all conditions, situations or off air/outside licensed power events
- Contact and dispatch local engineers / site-relevant personnel at specific broadcast station sites to maintain optimal on-air status and FCC compliance
- Track local engineer / site-relevant personnel at specific broadcast station sites to maintain optimal on-air status and FCC Compliance
- Track local engineer / site Relevant personnel response and communications
- Generate reports to Engineering and FCC Compliance Teams
- Produce key data in Station Logs – a chronological record of stations to assess, track and facilitate Teams restoration to licensed operations
- Assist as instructed for XDS Store and Forward for Programming and FCC Compliance Functions
- Monitor Zetta programming automation system, assessing all audio paths to assure studio quality audio on time and correct per the Family Radio Programming schedule; report programming errors
- Monitor Satellite Uplink Audio and Signal for outages and quality and report any problems to supervisors and engineers
- Troubleshoot audio loss / distortion, find equipment faults or failures and/or discern nature and cause of loss/distortion as appropriate
- Secure FSI station facilities and equipment through constant surveillance and reporting of safety or security issues when discovered
- Accomplish tasks as assigned by Engineering and Compliance Team leaders
- Experience and familiarity with the radio broadcast industry
- Society of Broadcast Engineers (SBE) Certification preferred
- Knowledge of program generation, studio operations, and remote-control systems
- 4-year degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in the broadcast industry
- Knowledge of Audio over IP systems
- Ability to understand basic FCC rules pertaining to radio broadcasting and willingness to learn more complex regulations on the job
- Awareness of basic safety requirements for radio operations and personnel
- Basic IT experience and concepts (Microsoft 365, OneNote, database management)
- Familiarity with radio station operations and satellite program delivery
- Outstanding interpersonal and interdepartmental communication skills, including technical communication
- Learn and navigate operating procedures quickly
- Work well independently; effectively implement team policies with professionalism
- Possess a strong work ethic, be a self-starter, and exhibit flexibility in a fast-paced environment
- Solve complex problems using initiative and excellent communication skills
- Work in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Exhibit appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Welcome personal and professional growth and development
Family Stations, Inc. (“Family Radio”) is a non-profit religious corporation with its primary purpose as a ministry for the proclamation of the Bible, the Word of God. As such, we are exempt from the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), provisions of the Tennessee Human Rights Act, and provisions of Title VII of the United States Civil Rights Act, in addition to similar religious exemptions under other state and local laws to the extent those laws apply to an employee or prospective employee of Family Radio, and we are permitted by law to make certain employment decisions based on religious preferences. It is the intent of Family Radio to preserve, and not waive, Family Radio’s rights and protections as a religious entity and no actions of Family Radio should be deemed to be a waiver of those rights.