Seeking a qualified content writer, short-form story creator and audio producer for Family Stations, a nonprofit Christian Radio Broadcasting Ministry. This is a full-time, on-site position in Franklin, TN.
- PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Research, create, write, and revise short story scripts for a variety of radio personalities, occasions, podcasts and purposes — always with a view to Christianity. Good command of the English language and a deeper knowledge of Christian doctrine is required.
- SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITY: Create full-scale audio productions from script conceptualization to broadcast-ready. This includes “radio theater” style production. Experience, knowledge and skill in these areas (including software) are required.
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a writer for broadcast radio. Must be able to create short-form, narrative scripts and when needed, create full-scale audio productions for radio. You must have the ability to masterfully find and “retell” a great story in two minutes or less, to fit multiple narration styles.
- Must have a strong work ethic based on Biblical principles and scripture, as supported by your job references.
- A minimum of five years’ experience working with audio editing and mastering processes, particularly broadcast and podcast audio. This includes compression, limiting, normalization, master EQ. This includes undetectable fade techniques, pacing, audio cleanup, breath shortening, soundtrack and sound effects skills. broadcast drama creation.
- You must be willing to learn new tasks as assigned: operating the mixing board during Support Drives, conducting phone and in-person interviews for our podcast series, DAW delivery and simple operations (we use Zetta and G-Selector).
- Must be willing to work full-time, onsite, at our studios in Franklin, TN. Work-from-home will be granted during office illness or inclement weather only.
- … are experienced in conceptualizing and writing (specifically for radio) heartfelt, emotional stories, crafting them into 1–2-minute audio segments.
- … know how to create and present a great story in two minutes or less (in both script and audio formats) with a hook, a “messy middle” and a heartfelt twist at the end. You also know the perfect Bible verse to tag your story, if needed.
- … are a flexible writer, able to write for various radio personalities. You are also a flexible producer, able to create content that is “seamlessly complimentary” with Family Radio’s brand and sound.
- … are passionate about finding the perfect music and sound effects to achieve maximum impact. You do not like having to “slap a music bed” underneath your segments, but would rather spend time creating the perfect soundtrack.
- … do not mind having your work scrutinized by your coworkers and supervisors as you strive together to create the best content possible.
- …have a thorough knowledge of biblical Christian principles. You have a passion for scripture and enjoy incorporating biblical ideas into your content, while striving to avoid “Christianese” or condemning messages.
- …are familiar with and have enthusiastic respect for Family Radio’s mission and overall sound. You are willing to strive to carry out your supervisor’s vision for Family Radio’s sound.
- … have a passion for the preservation and broadcast of scripture, hymns (both old and modern), and solid Bible teachings.
- … have humility — willing to recognize that there is always more learn. You have a teachable spirit and are excited to learn new skills.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- 403B retirement plan.
- Medical coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holiday’s
About Our Company
Family Stations, Inc. (“Family Radio”) is a legacy Christian non-profit religious multi-media ministry based in Franklin, Tennessee with its primary purpose to proclaim the Bible, the Word of God. Our culture is a nurturing and welcoming family environment.
Family Stations Inc. is a 501c3 Charitable Organization and has a religious exemption that allows them to legally require a candidate for their open positions to sign a statement of faith.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact